| || |
A great idea for a composition assignment is what Keith Terry calls "Body Music" crosspulse.com
- Explore different hand claps, snaps, and taps
- Design a score (see Terry's score).
- Decide how a clap or snap will be placed on the staff.
- Identify rhythms. Notate the rhythm patterns in standard notation.
- Transfer to staff on the score.
- Practice and enjoy!
- Invent your own body percussion sounds!
Great for classrooms with limited instrumentation and/or groups working on reading and writing rhythm patterns.