- Students play (or sing) the given “Question” phrase so-so-so (GGG). Teacher makes up and plays the “Answer” phrase. Teachers: select the concept you are working on, e.g., repeated notes (M1 and 2 below), thirds (M3 below), triads (M4 and 5 below), neighbor notes (M6 and 7), running notes, dotted rhythms, triplets, etc. in your Answer phrase.
- Switch. Teacher plays the “Question” phrase (the so-so-so or GGG), students (one at a time) respond in an improvisatory manner with “Answer” phrases based on the parameters you provided (triads, neighbor notes, repeated notes, etc.).
- Next step, work on writing down some of the improvisatory responses.
- Use the “So, So, Simple” template and fill in the blank measures
(individually or in small groups).
- Demonstrate a class composition with the whole group
So So Simple
Leave a Reply.